Makes 1 – 1.25 cups of strong marijuana butter. Will store in fridge up to 1 month.
- 8 oz bud trim
- 1 lb (2 cups) butter
- Large pot with lid
- Large glass bowl
- Metal spoon
- Add bud trim to large pot, cover with cold water. Add the lb of butter on top. Bring to a boil & stir in butter as it melts.
- Turn heat down – but maintain boiling. Cover & cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Place one spoonful of bud trim at a time into strainer. Press all liquid butter out of the strainer with the metal spoon into a large glass bowl. Repeat the process until you have all the liquid butter separated from the bud trim.
- Leave the bowl with the liquid butter on the counter
until cool (4 to 5 hrs). Then place it in the fridge, uncovered, overnight. Discard the bud trim – it makes great compost.
- Next morning skim solidified butter from the top of the bowl into a glass measuring cup. Discard green/brown liquid left in the bottom of the bowl.
Substitute oil for melted marijuana butter (microwave for 45 sec. – 1 min.) Follow cookie recipe, but make cookies 1/2 the recommended size. 60 cookies to 1/4 cup of marijuana butter makes a nice strong single dose cookie. This can vary with the quality of bud trim.
Caution – Do not take more than one cookie on the first try. If in doubt, try a bite first, then wait one hour. The butter and cookies are potent. Label well and keep out of reach of the unsuspecting – overdosing on edible cannabis is very uncomfortable.